Wednesday 23 March 2011

How Much Are You Willing to Pay for a Pet?



I love my two kittehs and the other pets that I have lived with over the years. My two fuzzy friends at the moment were both purchased, Luna (tabby in foreground) from the local pet store and Eski from a out of state breeder (she's a bengal). The amount of money I spent aquiring them does not have any bearing on how much they mean to me. Granted, I did pay what some people would say was an excessive amount for Eski - just over $1K (AUS) but I thought that the story of a anonymous buyer paying 1.5 MILLION DOLLARS for a dog was a little more excessive. If I spent 1.5 big ones on a pet I would definately be getting pet insurance...

The breed is a Tibetan Mastiff - males can grow to 33 inches or 80+cm at the 'withers' (shoulders) and the heaviest on record was 130kgs (typical weights are between 70-80kgs). I love this quote on wikipedia:

'As a socialized, more domestic dog, it can thrive in a spacious, fenced yard with a canine companion, but it is generally not an appropriate dog for apartment living.'

Who would have thought?

Tibetan Mastiff - Cross between a dog and ALF

No comments:

Post a Comment